SIX REASONS WHY I’M STRUGGLING TO FIND ANY CHRISTMAS SPIRIT
1. The Potential of a No-deal Bloody Brexit
It took a pandemic to take our minds off it, and I’ve only very recently vented my frustrations on the subject of Brexit Madness, so I won’t continue to harp on about the sad #BrexitReality of 2021. Except, maybe, to say that it is the grossest act of self-harm the once great Britain has ever inflicted upon itself.
2. COVID-19 BUSTING
While still on the subject of that pandemic… COVID-19 you can **** off in 2021. AstraZeneca and others are out to get you.
3. All Hospitality Venues are Shut
‘Hospitality venues and gyms to close for around a month in a bid to stem surge of Covid cases.’ Jersey Evening Post, 2nd December 2020
My night clubbing, cocktail-swilling days never really started. I’ve always been more of a sort of smart-casual pub/restaurant-goer myself. So, I would like to raise a glass to some of my local hostelries and good food providers, that I am missing. Aromas, Cafe Jac, Gradees, to name but three. I miss you all.
4. Last week A literary agent described not taking me on as a ‘Near Miss’
5. The manuscript I sent for the last writing competition of the year, and one I really wanted to do well in, had my name on it, dhrr…
Basic Rule Number One. Manuscripts must not show the name or address of the entrant but must include the title.
What a blithering idiot I am!
6. Everything About 2020 has been a pretty good Surreal Mess, right?
- Living under a cloud of COVID-19
- Testing, or lack of it
- Wearing masks
- No hugging
Bah humbug! BUT… if you can try to look past the travesty of the Brexit shooting-ourselves- in-the-foot business, we need to take any positives that have come out of 2020, into the New Year.
Once the COVID-19 busting picks up speed and we are all jabbed we will be able to:
- Mingle freely, rub noses with, and hug our loved ones and friends
- Travel undaunted – but check the shiny new Brexit rules before venturing to Europe
If you, like me, you have made mistakes in 2020, don’t be a blithering idiot again, learn from them, move forward and don’t let any near misses stop you succeeding in 2021.
Merry Christmas to you and, to you too, Mr Bublé.